lynx-dev re: why have --datadir=DIR if you can't use it?

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev re: why have --datadir=DIR if you can't use it?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:05:21 -0500 (EST)

>     * Subject: lynx-dev why have --datadir=DIR if you can't use it?
>     * From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>
>     * Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:21:42 +0900 (JST)
>Pretty please?! (for the third time):
>
>  ## Where your locale data is
>! # datadir = @datadir@
>! datadir = /usr/local/share
>! localedir = $(datadir)/locale

For the record, I left this as a fixed value because I was unable to
figure out how to pass a configure value from the top-level down to
the correct place. Believe me, I tried. Perhaps now that others have
seen the code they can suggest how this value can be configured and
over-ridden. Apparently it works in the reference "hello" program but
that has a different top-level configure script and makefile.