lynx-dev demo experience at SC'98

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev demo experience at SC'98
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:54:50 -0500 (EST)

Thank you, Wayne, for getting 2.8.2 up there so I could be
running it in the booth.  I did get to flash it at several
people, although because the point was to push accessible design
I spent more time showing people pwWebSpeak talking their pages.

But Lynx came in handy for a clear and compact depiction of
technical flaws such as missing ALT's, <BR>'s etc.

There were hairy moments; our equipment got lost because the tag
got torn off, and SciNet only got the network running on the demo
floor like minutes before the gala opening.  So we spent a lot of
the first two days showing unrelated aps that could run canned on
the kiosk.

But in the end it all worked.

Thanks again,

Al