Re: lynx-dev Request for Comment: partial display and refresh

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Request for Comment: partial display and refresh
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:47:53 -0500 (EST)

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>

> One thing to check: does this also occur when the first screen of
> the page doesn't have any links - for example when it is text/plain
> not text/html?  If not, it probably has something to do with the refresh()
> done in highlight().

It happens when I say
lynx /tmp/file.txt
and file.txt is not html - I assume that's the same condition you are
describing.

>Just to be sure: you have FANCY_CURSES defined, and are not using
>-enable_scrollback, and your display character set is not UTF-8,
>right?

How can I tell these things?  I don't specifically set enable_scrollback.
I use ncurses, so I assume that sets FANCY_CURSES.  I am not intentionally
setting UTF-8 .  Is there something I can generate that will tell you
more about my configuration to help?

This is one of at least two outstanding issues I have with linking lynx
with the development version of ncurses.

Unfortunately <grin> it does such a great job of color highlighting
that I find I can't bear to use the default curses on Solaris...
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL:mailto:address@hidden>
<URL:http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/> <*> O- "No one is what he seems."