Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.3

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.3
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:01:11 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Klaus Weide said:

> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:55:14 -0600 (CST)
>
> I haven't looked at dev.4 at all to see what you had to do, but I'm
> curious.  The only EBCDIC system I have some experience with is VM/CMS,
> and that was quite a while ago.

It was a 2000 line context diff patch, still available at:

   Linkname: Lynx for OS/390

Link that you currently have selected
   Linkname: lynx.patch.os390.zip

Discussed in this list in late October.  Look for "EBCDIC" and
"Autoconf in the subject.  You  can find most of it with:

    egrep 'EBCDIC
    TOASCII
    FROMASCII
    NOT_ASCII
    IBM_1047
    CH_DEL
    CH_ESC
    CH_HICTL
    CH_NBSP
    CH_SHY' `find lynx2-8-2`

The best news was that there were absolutely no changes
necessary to deal with curses.

-- gil