lynx-dev How to get bz2 compressed files uncompressed and rendered (not

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: lynx-dev How to get bz2 compressed files uncompressed and rendered (not
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 17:33:53 +0900 (JST)

just downloaded) [was Re: lynx-dev NLS tweaks for 282dev4

> It looks (after a quick look) to me that Lynx is doing internal
> decompression of .gz files, regardless of what mailcap says. Lynx doesn't

That's true now (if you use zlib), but I had very similar entries working
when gzip had to be called externally by Lynx.  Gzip has a --no-name option
(do not save or restore the original name and time stamp), which I think
Lynx takes (took?) advantage of.  Bzip2 can't do this?

> I surely don't understand this part either...

Always glad to have a little company :)

__Henry