Re: lynx-dev Do we need [Y] AND [N] strings? Could they be [Y/N]?

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Do we need [Y] AND [N] strings? Could they be [Y/N]?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 16:05:24 -0500

On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 05:41:50AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> > There are a few messages that, while they do have a reason for
> > being separate, could function just as well if joined.  The
> > ones that come to mind are pairs like:
> >     Really exit from Lynx? [Y]
> >     Really exit from Lynx? [N]
> > Would there be a significant problem if in both situations
> >     Really exit from Lynx? [Y/N]
> > were used?
> on top of that we need a utility function (on my list) to prompt for
> yes/no/cancel.

We need to look at all messages for language-bias, including things like
"'D'ownload". The utility function should be generalized to deal with
multiple choice questions so one could do:

[1] 'd'ownload [2] 'v'iew [3] 'c'ancel.

Thus, the historic English keystrokes will work, but NLS
messages that translate this to
[1] download [2] view [3] cancel in your language
would be feasible.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You see the sort of thing I have to contend with.