Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2dev.4 vs my.yahoo.comrqr

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2dev.4 vs my.yahoo.comrqr
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 19:29:09 -0500 (EST)

> > > Actually, I am using Sun's ANSI C compiler.
>
> This is quite important to keep in mind.  The compile on Solaris2.6
> is "FULLY AUTOMATIC" for me; the difference is that I use gcc2.7.2.3.

when I'm doing integration, that's gcc 2.7.2.3 on Linux.  Then if there's
portability aspects, I do a test on OS/2 or FreeBSD (depending) still.
When I'm ready to check code in, I run a series of compiles on sol (still
gcc), using curses, ncurses and slang.  I've a guest account on a Digital
Unix box, courtesy of one of the people on the list (DEC cc) which I've
been getting to about once a month.

But when I have a few minutes at work, I run a series on SunOS (cc, gcc 2.8.1),
Solaris (cc, gcc 2.8.1), IRIX (cc, gcc 2.8) and CLIX (cc, gcc 2.5.8).
I'm usually as busy at work as I am at home - so it's not something that I
do every day. (The AIX, HPUX and SCO machines that I used last year are no
longer available).

All of those builds are pretty automatic.

Speaking of SCO, I tried taking Bela's advice and was recently persuading my
wife to try the free-SCO.  (It didn't boot during the install).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden