Re: lynx-dev Another proposed patch

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Another proposed patch
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 12:25:45 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, address@hidden said:

> Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 13:38:33 -0500 (EST)
>
> ok (I don't have a current copy).  What does the page look like when
> you have your fix applied?  (I suspect there's a null pointer that
> we don't really want).

The problem occurs when configure causes something to be
defined as nothing in lynx_cfg.h:

    /* #undef _ALL_SOURCE */
    /* #undef const */
    #define inline             /* This is the culprit */
    /* #undef mode_t */
    /* #undef off_t */

cfg_defs.sh transforms this to:

        { "ZCAT_PATH", "/mvsoeecc/tools/bin/zcat" },
        { "ZIP_PATH", "/mvsoeecc/sppg/bin/zip" },
        { "inline" },                                  /* The culprit, again */
        { "lstat", "stat" },
};

Which the compiler evidently interprets as:

        { "ZCAT_PATH", "/mvsoeecc/tools/bin/zcat" },
        { "ZIP_PATH", "/mvsoeecc/sppg/bin/zip" },
        { "inline", NULL  },                           /* The culprit, again */
        { "lstat", "stat" },
};
and LYShowInfo gets a SIGSEGV on the NULL and the page
never gets built.

Larry's patch and mine both supply a default value instead of
the NULL at execution time.  It would generate a slightly
smaller executable if this were done in cfg_defs.sh, but I
was daunted by the sed script.

-- gil