Re: lynx-dev avoiding screen refresh after partial display

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev avoiding screen refresh after partial display
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 10:53:55 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> I will look more closely,
> but now I feel a problem: besides just viewing the incremental rendering
> we may also scroll the screen by scroll keys in partial mode.
> It require a complete page redisplay but I think it will not.

That should be taken care of by the second condition in

#ifdef DISP_PARTIAL
            if (!display_partial &&
                line_number == text->first_lineno_last_disp_partial &&
                i + line_number <= text->last_lineno_last_disp_partial)
                move((i + 2), 0);
            else
#endif
            display_line(line, text);

The call to display_line is only skipped if line_number (the new
text->top_of_screen) is the same as during the last call during
display_partial.

(For comparison with the global variables, note that these internal
line numbers are zero-based, not 1-based.)
    Klaus