lynx-dev Re: LYNX 2.8.1 and cookies

From: ONIME EHIMIKA OHIREIME
Subject: lynx-dev Re: LYNX 2.8.1 and cookies
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:35:51 +0100 (MET)

Dear,
Thanks for the good work on Lynx, please keep it up.
I am very interested in the lynx support for cookies. I currently need to
run lynx in a command line/batch mode.

I would like to know if there is a policy against using the cookie file
(reading and writting) when in the dump output mode.

I have successfully patch LYCookie.c to allow lynx to create and save the
cookie file when using the dump mode. My patch disables some code that was
kicked in based on the dump_output_immediately variable and also to add
the following line to the beginning of function LYCookieJar_free.
    if (dump_output_immediately) LYStoreCookies (LYCookieFile);

I could send the pacthed file across.
Please can you in the next release allow the use of cookies from the dump
mode.

Thanks

Clement.