lynx-dev How do sites do 'boxes' of text/links?

From: mattack
Subject: lynx-dev How do sites do 'boxes' of text/links?
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:36:18 -0800 (PST)

for example, when you go to www.imdb.com on a GUI browser, the stuff
that shows up in Lynx as a few pages (at least on a 24 line display!) of
crap I have to page through every time, it shows up as a column of
stuff..

I noticed that even when I make my terminal window very wide (180 chars)
Lynx doesn't seem to do this multi-column stuff or whatever..

Basically, what're they doing and is there ever any intention of supporting it
in Lynx?   With a theoretical horizontally-panning Lynx, this would make
sites like imdb much more useful.

(It would be better for imdb to just get rid of that column of stuff, but
on a GUI browser it's almost useful.)