Re: lynx-dev 2-8-1 bug: print vs partial

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2-8-1 bug: print vs partial
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 07:34:29 -0500 (EST)

981203 KW & TD commented on the print/e-mail bug:
>> it's something to do with a `sigbus', which is beyond me.
> Yes, if it is memory corruption (in this case, freeing memory
> that another part of the program may still access later),
> then it is unpredictable where a problem will occur (if at all).
> SIGSEGV or SIGBUS may be generated in a place that looks totally unrelated.
-- snip --

that matches the result i described in `Further (2)'.
it is weird that the problem arises
only when  p  is invoked PART-WAY INTO the document (not at the top):
does that suggest anything?

i'm due to fall asleep soon & will try patches & further research thereafter.

BTW for my continuing education:
what is a segmentation error (SIGSEGV) & why is it so named?