lynx-dev Setting homepage in Lynx

From: Holzworth, Grant M.
Subject: lynx-dev Setting homepage in Lynx
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 09:46:18 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to set up Lynx on my NT 4.0 machine and am having a difficult
time setting up the homepage (ie start page) for Lynx.  I've read through
the help files and documentation and have tried everything to no avail.
The "Command Line"...where is this exactly?  I cannot find it in the cfg
file or the lynx.bat file.  The path to Lynx is:

D:\program files\lynx

I have the lynx.bat file and the lynx.cfg file in the main lynx directory.
Is this correct?

When I start Lynx I get the error 404 error saying that it can't find a
site, then it displays www.mp3.com link on the page.  I've looked
erverywhere to set up the startpage.  The cfg file says that unless the
startpage is set up on the "Command Line" the "STARTFILE" setting will be
displayed.

Can you help me out?

I want to the following file to be my start page:
c:\coolbook/coolbook.htm

Regards,
a frustrated Lynx newbie (but Net veteran),
Grant Holzworth
Grant M. Holzworth           E-mail: address@hidden
GMH Associates, Inc.       http://www.gmhai.com
Tel: 1.704.558.3607           FAX: 1.704.347.4642