Re: lynx-dev 2-8-1 bug: print vs partial

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2-8-1 bug: print vs partial
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 23:54:21 -0500 (EST)

981203 Klaus Weide wrote:
> Since your problem occurs after mailing from the Print menu,
> it is likely it is caused by some memory corruption in LYPrint.c.
> There is a patch I found in
>   ftp://www.slcc.edu/pub/lynx/release2-8-1/patches/
> The relevant change is described as
>   * Fix core dump which may happen after printing-to-email. - LP
> (Aside: what is the status of that directory?)
> These fixes seem to be integrated into the development code.
> You could have found the description
> by looking in the development source CHANGES file.

i've investigated a bit:
the item KW found above is from CHANGES in 2-8-2dev.1 981105;
its origin is  http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1098/msg00927.html ,
which is the end-product of a dialog between LP/TD going back to 981023,
starting apparently with  msg00700 , in which LP reports
a series of mysterious coredumps on arbitrary occasions,
incl one which seems to resemble mine.  someone suggests at one point
that `title' in  LYPop()  is being freed twice, which corresponds
to the use -- introduced with 2-8-1 , i believe -- of the document title
as Subject for the e-mail of the document from the Print screen;
AFAIK my bug began with 2-8-1 .

NB we still haven't solved my bug definitely till i can reproduce it
& try out KW's tiny fix (already compiled) or the latest dev version.