Re: lynx-dev Problem with newer versions of Lynx

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with newer versions of Lynx
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:03:39 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Alex G Bardsley wrote:

> Hi-- I've been having problems accessing articles at the website of the
> South China Morning Post (see URL below) with newer versions of Lynx
> (2.8rel.2 at my new ISP, 2.8.1dev.7 at Digex). Version 2.7 works fine, but
> while Digex made that available as "lynx.old", Radix does not. Any
> suggestions? Thanks, Alex <address@hidden>
>

> Lynx Version 2.8rel.2
>
> File that you are currently viewing
>
>    Linkname: Full Story

Alex, when I tried to directly access that URL I got this error message:

                            Error Performing Query

   The form you just filled in requires the top entry to be filled in.
   Please fill in that entry in the form and resubmit the form.

Then I subscribed to SCMP and could access all news I tried without any
problems. I used lynx2.8.2dev2 and lynx2.8.2dev8. In the front page I found
the news in your example and the URL showed up as

   Linkname: Full Story

As you can see, "&top" was replaced by the Lynx you're using with "â¤".
That's why I got the message about the missing top entry. I don't know why
that is happening but I hope someone here does.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |