Re: lynx-dev page counters

From: Tom Hall
Subject: Re: lynx-dev page counters
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 13:40:12 -0700

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 05:20:23PM +0100, Veit Kannegieser wrote:
> i often see counters that hide behind images
> could lynx implement an switch to load the first by fro such images
> (it is not nice to not be counted as visiror ...)
> as i have understand the only counters that count with lynx
> are the cgi that sits behind html files (installed in the web server)

As I understand it, this is a 'trick' to allow pseudo-dynamic pages by
taking advantage of the ability to execute a cgi script for the
"src" of an IMG tag.

I guess lynx could look at the src of an IMG tag, and if it's a cgi
script, automatically load it. This should be an option, though, since
if you're running without a window manager it would keep asking if
you want to download it.

I just turn on 'show links for images' (*), and then activate the
[INLINE] link as many times as I want to be counted.