Re: lynx-dev 2.8.0: <BLOCKQUOTE> in <LI>

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.0: <BLOCKQUOTE> in <LI>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:50:16 +0000 (GMT)

> I noticed that a <BLOCKQUOTE> within an <LI> element does not align
> correctly at the left border. (Netscape indents it relative to the
> left margin of the LI base text).

Unless and until Lynx implements style sheets, there is no "correct"
behaviour to relate this to.  The Netscape behaviour is, however, a
reasonable default, at least for a GUI browser with small fonts and
a large screen.

Even with style sheets, correct behaviour could only happen in the
presence of an explicit style sheet rule.

Although I'm sure a tweak is possible, I think it would be better to
do the, much more extensive, work required to implement style sheets
properly.

Alternatively, if you are the page author, you could supply an explicit
style sheet to force Lynx like behaviour in the other browsers.
(This might require support that is only in IE.)