lynx-dev Lynx dialup problem

From: Charles Demas
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx dialup problem
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 19:41:13 -0500 (EST)

I have been using lynx at my ISP for several years, but recently they
upgraded versions of lynx.  I dialup access my ISP using the terminal
program of Win3.1, and that has worked fine for the past several years,
until recently.

What happens is as follows:
The html page is accessed and presented, but the navigation to links
or to page down, or go to the end all seem screwed up.  This seems
to be unique to dialup, as I can telnet in and it seems to work ok.

The terminal settings I'm useing are for a VT100 on my Unix shell
account, but my telnet is set for ANSI.

This problem is not unique to TIAC.NET but also happens at SHORE.NET
which is no surprise as they are using the same software, and both are
Sun Versions of unix.

A lynx - version produces this:

Lynx Version 2.8rel.2 (1998)
Copyrights held by the University of Kansas, CERN, and other contributors.
Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
See http://lynx.browser.org/ and the online help for more information.

Any help you could provide so I could surf the web as I did before
would be much appreciated.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  address@hidden |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas