Re: lynx-dev [2.8.2dev.8] Env var data for PRINTER: pgms (w/man page ent

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [2.8.2dev.8] Env var data for PRINTER: pgms (w/man page entries)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:15:42 -0500

On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 08:15:19PM -0800, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
> I've also made a first attempt at adding an ENVIRONMENT section to the
> man page...
> Someone else will need to add entries for the NLS oriented vars, as I
> know little about that whole subject.  In particular, from the lists
> that Larry and Jim posted (thanks, guys), these probably need to have
> entries:
>
>  LANG
>  LANGUAGE
>  LC_ALL
>  LC_MESSAGES
>  NLSPATH

Okey-dokey, here's a stab at NLS-oriented vars, plus a
previously-unreleased section (SEE ALSO). This is not a patch, just
"plain text."

.SH "NLS SUPPORT"
If configured and installed with National Language Support, \fBlynx\fR
will display status and other messages in your local language. See the
file \fBABOUT_NLS\fR in the source distribution, or at your local GNU
site, for more information about internationalization.
The following environment variables may be set to alter default
settings:
.TP
.B LANG
This variable, if set, will override the default message language. It
is an \fBISO 639\fR two-letter code identifying the language. Language
codes are *not* the same as the country codes given in \fBISO 3166\fR.
.TP
.B LANGUAGE
This variable, if set, will override the default message language.
This is a \fBGNU\fR extension that has higher priority for setting
the message catalog than \fBLANG\fR or \fBLC_ALL\fR.
.TP
.B LC_ALL
.B LC_MESSAGES
These variables, if set, specify the notion of natural language
formatting style.  They're \fBPosixly\fR correct.
.TP
.B LINGUAS
This variable, if set prior to configuration, limits the installed
languages to specific values. It is a space-separated list of two-letter
codes.  Currently, it is hard-coded to a wish list.
.TP
.B NLSPATH
This variable, if set, is used as the path prefix for message
catalogs.
.SH "SEE ALSO"
.PD 0
\fIftp\fP(1),