lynx-dev Lynx and Java

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx and Java
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 08:15:50 -0500 (EST)

Is anyone familar enough with graphical browser development to know whether
one could, with appropriate pain and agony, make use of the Sun Java
plugin now being used by Microsoft on Unix and Mac, as well as by
Opera and Netscape, to add Java support to Lynx?  While the GUI aspects
don't make any sense, Java classes dealing with e-commerce might be
something that would make sense for some applications.

Also, has anyone looked into how painful it would be to add the javascript
code that is now available (I've seen it appear in a Perl module in the
past few months) to Lynx, so that support for some of the forms applications
that are beginning to appear on web pages might be supported in lynx?

Just curious whether anyone on the list has actually considered looking into
either of these technologies, since they are two of the latest
technologies not supported by lynx at this time.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>