Re: lynx-dev slow function: z-Cancel transfer in progress

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev slow function: z-Cancel transfer in progress
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:35:02 -0500 (EST)

981208 Alexandre Nadeau wrote:
> I use lynx both on Unix and WinNT.
> Is there a way to improve the time response
> of  z  Cancel transfer in progress  of the windows port?
> when my DNS is down, I just can't cancel a page load & I have to close lynx.

 z  cancels DNS look-ups only if you compile with  --enable-nsl-fork :
NSL has to be available on your system & i'm not sure if it is for WinNT;
you need at least 2-8 for this: it's best to upgrade to the latest 2-8-1
from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ , if you haven't already.

> Also, if my startup web page is down the browser will close by itself
> after waiting for a while.

it's best to give a local file as Start Page, using  file:// .

> I dont know if i'm in the best place for info but thanks anyway.

yes, this is where to get help, if any of the volunteers answers ...