Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Java

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Java
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:26:01 -0500 (EST)

> Re: what pieces are available that might be usable
no - I meant for development/integration:

        + when you said plugin, I assume that's an application that uses
          an existing Java implementation,

        + where can we get the Java interpreter that'll run the plugin?

        + what additional work is there to do (and what pieces can we
          incorporate without writing our own)?

> math, networking, security, sql, text, internationalization, utilities,
> accessibility, corba are some of the things I can think of off the top
> of my head.
>

> Frankly, I see javascript as being a bigger deal than java simply because
> few sites have Java only interfaces, but an increasing number have javascript
> ones...

Like you, I wouldn't mind if someone did that as a project...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden