Re: lynx-dev mouse support

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mouse support
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 11:06:36 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 address@hidden wrote:

:)>
:)> Hello !!
:)>
:)>   I finally accomplished to compile lynx with mouse support in my xterm.
:)> It's great. I am using OSF1 goedel3 V4.0 878 alpha. I had to compile using
:)> slang, since ncurses 4.2 never got to work with lynx. I actually used the
:)> following version from ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slang,
:)
:)That's odd, because I don't have any trouble building with ncurses.
:)(What exactly was the problem? - If I don't have any details, I can't fix it)
:)
I wish I knew what went wrong, I compiled ncurses succesfuly, but running
the test programs I never got these to recognize the mouse. It is probably
a problem with the options I gave initially. I had to compile
--with-termcap --enable-getcap-cache, because when installing with
terminfo I had the problem that borders did not appear in programs like
"knight".

  To be sincere I really don't know what I am doing, so if there is
something I could read or do in order to make it work I would appreciate
your advice.

  With respect to the request I made yesterday, I partially solved it by
adding the lines

       if (button == 1)  /* middle */
          return LYReverseKeymap (LYK_VIEW_BOOKMARK);

to LYStrings.c to the function sl_read_mouse, at line 326. I don't intend
to redistribute the program, so I expect this won't cause any problem at
all.

  Thanks a lot. Have a great day!

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html