Re: lynx-dev RE: "remove the r command"

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev RE: "remove the r command"
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:07:22 -0500 (EST)

From: David Combs <address@hidden>

>> > i have never understood why the  r  command hasn't been removed,
>> And I can't understand why you want to remove the "remove" command just
>> because sometimes it doesn't work with incorrectly edited bookmarks files!
>One kludgey "solution" would be, on the r command, to ASK the
>user:

Even better - what we could do is just show the user the line that is about to
be deleted, and ask if it is the correct line they wish to delete.
Force a y or n.  If n is the answer, then tell the user that the file may
be in a state where the r cannot reliably be used and that the user should
consider editting %s, where %s expands to the bookmark file in question.

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>