Re: lynx-dev Win32 & SSL

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Win32 & SSL
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 13:17:04 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> 981113 Luca Davanzo wrote:
> > is there a compiled version of lynx for win32 with ssl support;
> > In Italy, there aren't legal problems about exporting Ssl libraries;
> > i don't have a win32 compiler
>
> SSL can't be compiled into Lynx due to conflicting copyright rules:
> you should get a compiler, if you can.
> also get the latest Lynx 2-8-1 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release ,
> which has some useful links for SSL on the Main Help Page.

I must point out that there is a free win32 compiler based on the GNU C
compiler (gcc) at:

  http://WWW.Cygnus.Com/

I was able to cimpile and run both ncurses and Lynx 2.8.1 with almost no
problems. It even supports color styles!

(The one change I had to make was adding an entry for the Cygnus GNU-Win32
environment to the configure script.)