Re: lynx-dev RE: "remove the r command"

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev RE: "remove the r command"
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 19:04:17 -0500 (EST)

981212 Larry Virden wrote:
> The problem isn't the bookmark file, which is indeed just html.
> The problem is once it's read in the html,
> Lynx doesn't know anything about the original file.
> when the user types 'r', it doesn't know the _real_ line number to delete.
> It probably makes assumptions
> based on the number of lines it outputs before the links begin,
> as well as the number of the link, which it does know.

my proposal therefore is that Lynx should read the bookmark file HTML
without rendering it, when given the command `r'; it should then
count the number of anchors to determine which piece of HTML to remove.
after all, it HAS to edit the HTML, not the rendered version
in order to remove the bookmark from the persistent bookmark file.
is this difficult?  which piece(s) of Lynx source should i examine?