Re: lynx-dev Hotmail problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Hotmail problem
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 01:41:26 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Alan J. Flavell wrote:

 [ most text snipped ]

> However, that _should_ be obvious from the prompt.  I don't have an
> old version of Lynx to hand, but I just tried accessing a test page of
> my own (my test page was in windows-1251 code) via the public lynx
> server at sailor.lib.md.us (2.7.1-something) and got this prompt:
>
> text/html;charset=windows-1251  D)ownload, or C)ancel
>
> If my hunch was right, then the Hotmail problem would have announced
> something similar to that.  But it's only a guess.

Someone with this problem reported the prompt he got as
   "text/html, D)ownload or C)ancel".
I don't know wheter that was literal or from memory; but if there
really was a comma after text/html, it could indicate that the server
sent invalid punctuation in the Content-Type header.

   Klaus