lynx-dev Re: gettidy.sh v0.2 (was: try again through table munger)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev Re: gettidy.sh v0.2 (was: try again through table munger)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 06:59:14 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Daniel Dardailler wrote:

> OK, it works now.
>
> As usual, there were several independent problems.
>
> First I pointed lynxcgi to the wrong gettidy.sh path in my first test,
> and lynx complained about not founding lynx.cfg instead.

(Still a mystery, but let's ignore it)

> Second, once this path was corrected, I had to explicity mention
> /usr/bin/gnu/bash instead of /bin/sh (not a bourne on Solaris
> apparently) on the first line of the script.

I was probably using a bashism (but pdksh understands it too).
After replacing the line

        TIDY_PARAM_FLAGS="${TIDY_PARAM_FLAGS//+/ }"

with

        if [ "${TIDY_PARAM_FLAGS#*+}" != "$TIDY_PARAM_FLAGS" ]; then
           TIDY_PARAM_FLAGS=`echo $TIDY_PARAM_FLAGS|tr "+" " "`
        fi

/bin/ash (yet another Bourne shell...) also accepts it, I should have
checked earlier.

> I also downloaded 2.8.2, which might have helped.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Let me now try to use the table linearizer code that I have (in
> java...)

Please let lynx-dev know about your findings...

   Klaus