Re: lynx-dev lynxexec

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynxexec
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:25:22 -0500 (EST)

> > -check; TERM=$OLDTERM; export TERM">SeqEd</A> editor for entering and
> > modifying
> > seqences
>
> > And Lynx gives me the following
>
> > Alert!:Executable link rejected due to `;' character.
>
> These seems to be a more generic question:

well yes - but the short answer to his question is that the link was
rejected _because_ it contains more than one command (that was a change
from the middle of 1997 - a security fix).  He can always modify the
source, but unless we add some sort of option to support it, in general
Lynx won't allow that behavior any more.

> different URL schemes have different sets of restricted characters
> and different encoding/conversion rules.
> I think of http URL (URI?), file://localhost (OS dependent)
> and now the "lynexec" which is the shell command string.
> What is the present lynx status for non-http HREF conversion?
>

> > It would be a big job to put all of these long command lines in script
> > files.
>
> > How do I get Lynx to recognise ; as a valid char?
>
> > Cheers
> > Aengus
>
> > --
> > Aengus Stewart                                address@hidden
> > Computational Genome Analysis Laboratory      Tel: +44 (0)171 269 3679
> > Imperial Cancer Research Fund
> > Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3PX, UK

Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden
http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey