Re: lynx-dev lynxexec

From: Aengus Stewart
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynxexec
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:46:28 +0000

address@hidden wrote:

> > > -check; TERM=$OLDTERM; export TERM">SeqEd</A> editor for entering and
> > > modifying
> > > seqences
> >
> > > And Lynx gives me the following
> >
> > > Alert!:Executable link rejected due to `;' character.
> >
> > These seems to be a more generic question:
>
> well yes - but the short answer to his question is that the link was
> rejected _because_ it contains more than one command (that was a change
> from the middle of 1997 - a security fix).  He can always modify the
> source, but unless we add some sort of option to support it, in general
> Lynx won't allow that behavior any more.

Thanks for the reply.  I have just had a huge trawl through the archive
and
FM does specify how to alter the source in
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0997/msg00382.html

I realised that it probably was a security prob, but the person before
me
obviously wasnt as concerned.

Looks like I will have a LOT of HTML files to edit now.

Cheers
Aengus

Aengus Stewart                                  address@hidden
Computational Genome Analysis Laboratory        Tel: +44 (0)171 269 3679
Imperial Cancer Research Fund
Lincoln's Inn Fields, Holborn, London, WC2A 3PX, UK