Re: lynx-dev Problems with Lynx 2.8rel.2 under AIX 3.2.5.1.

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problems with Lynx 2.8rel.2 under AIX 3.2.5.1.
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:04:46 +0000 (GMT)

> great for calling up local files via "file://localhost/"..., etc.  However,
> when I try to access a web server on another machine on our LAN, it says
> "Lookup up"..., etc. and just sits there forever (well, until I hit

Probably a DNS/resolver configuration.  What happens if you try telnet?
What does a lynx trace log show.

> [CTRL]+[C], anyway).  The other machine is call "chhnts1" and it's part of

z or ^G should stop it; if it doesn't that is also useful inforamtion.

> a domain called "chh.dom".  It's IP address is 10.0.1.6.  The actual web
> server is on port 8010 (not 80), but when I access port 80 on that web
> server from a Windows 95 machine on our LAN running Microsoft Internet

Then you must be running a web server on port 80 as well.

> Explorer 3.0 I get an error page generated by the web server (i.e. I get a
> page, not a hang!)...  I've tried accessing the web server from Lynx with
> the following URL's (all of which work from Internet Explorer):

This sounds like an AIX TCP configuration problem.  It might just be
an AIX porting problem.  It's not a cross platform problem.