lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2 dev 10 and cookie conflict with San Jose Mercury?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.2 dev 10 and cookie conflict with San Jose Mercury?
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 19:21:17 -0500 (EST)

I was visiting
and noticed their link to register for delivery of electronic dispatches.
So I went thru and successfully registered for this free service.
Then I went to sign on, indicating that I wanted to "save the cookie".

I get an error saying that the attempt to save the cookie failed.

I did a trace, but I am uncertain how to interprete the results to
find what failed.  It appears that they use dozens of cookies (???)
for some reason.  Tracing only the signon process there is almost 2500
lines of output,so I won't include it into this msg.

However, if someone wants more details I can provide them.

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>