Re: lynx-dev New DOS makefile needed for libwww.a

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev New DOS makefile needed for libwww.a
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 22:00:15 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, I wrote:

> is used. The current file works only for PDCurses. The following
> makefile works for Slang. I would recommend its inclusion in the
> distribution in addition to the makefile currently in the djgpp
> subdirectory.
>
> lynx2-8-2/WWW/Library/djgpp/makefile.sla

Here is a patch for the INSTALLATION file to cover the new Slang
makefile for DOS.
                                 Doug

*** lynx2-8-2/INSTALLATION      Sat Dec 12 20:10:36 1998
--- lynx2-8-2/INSTALLATION.new  Sun Dec 20 21:54:16 1998
***************
*** 648,667 ****
      directory, or in the appropriate directories specified by LIBRARY_PATH
      and INCLUDE_PATH in your DJGPP.ENV file.

!     Move to the "lynx2-*/WWW/Library/djgpp" directory and do "make". This
!     should compile libwww.a.  Next move to the "lynx2-*/src/chrtrans"
!     directory and do "make -f makefile.dos" to compile the character tables.
!     Then move to the "lynx2-*/src" directory.  There are three choices for
!     compiling at this point.  You can do "make -f makefile.dos" to compile
!     with PDCurses, "make -f makefile.wsl" to compile with SLANG, or
!     "make -f makefile.dsl" to compile with SLANG and the DJGPP keyhandler.
!     At the time of this writing, it is not clear what the advantages and
!     disadvantages of each version are.  The PDCurses version has the most
!     experience and allows remapping of ALT and Function keys.  The SLANG
!     version seems to have better screen handling.  It allows mapping of
!     function keys, but not ALT keys.  The SLANG with DJGPP keyhandler allows
!     mapping of ALT and Function keys, but has the risk of incompatibilities
!     from mixing different programs.

      If all goes well, you will have a lynx.exe file.  If you have trouble,
      check to be sure djgpp.env is the way it came in the original package.
--- 648,669 ----
      directory, or in the appropriate directories specified by LIBRARY_PATH
      and INCLUDE_PATH in your DJGPP.ENV file.

!     Move to the "lynx2-*/WWW/Library/djgpp" directory. If compiling with
!     PDCurses, do "make". If using SLANG, do "make -f makefile.sla". This
[...]

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)
          address@hidden