lynx-dev HP-UX sed Problem Solution

From: Jean-Yves Levesque
Subject: lynx-dev HP-UX sed Problem Solution
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 08:48:21 -0500

I am not a member of the list.

I had problems for some time to compile the development version of
Lynx (2-8-2). I guess I found a solution to it.

In the sed portion of the makefile, '$$' needs to be added at the
end of each substitution.

e.g.
                @echo Constructing sed-script
                sed     -e '//d' -e '/^$$/d' \
                        -e 's%\(.*\)=\(address@hidden)address@hidden@=\2=g%' \
                        -e 's%\(.*\)=\(http:.*\)address@hidden@=\2=g%' \
                        -e 's%\(.*\)=\(ftp:.*\)address@hidden@=\2=g%' \

Also, the cfg_defs.h file contains double quotes ( "xxxx"" ) at the end
of some espressions.

With that it is possible to compile Lynx.

Regards,

Jean-Yves Levesque.

Platform: HP-UX 10.20
Compiler: gcc 2-7-2
Using:    slang

P.S. Will there be a color style for slang at some point?

--
Jean-Yves Levesque - Nortel Networks (address@hidden)
P.O. Box 3511, Station C Ottawa, Canada  K1Y 4H7