lynx-dev Cookie size problem

From: Chris Bongaarts
Subject: lynx-dev Cookie size problem
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:31:56 -0600 (CST)

(I'm not on this list; I won't see replies unless I am cc:'ed...)

A project I'm working on here uses rather large (~2k) cookies, which
lynx 2.7.1 and probably 2.8.1 can't support due to this line in
WWW/Library/Implementation/HTMIME.c:

#define VALUE_SIZE 1024         /* @@@@@@@ Arbitrary? */

The original Netscape cookie "standard" specifies cookies up to 4K in
length should be accepted.  Changing this value to 4096 makes my
cookies work just fine.  As this value is "arbitrary", it should be no
problem to make this a permanent Lynx change, no? :)

(Of course, since the actual issue is part of lib-www and not Lynx
proper, maybe this isn't such a trivial change :)

%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts    %%  address@hidden
%%  ADCS - Internet Enterprise  %%  http://umn.edu/~cab
%%  University of Minnesota     %%  +1 (612) 625-1809