lynx-dev ENABLE_SCROLLBACK now considered harmful (by me)

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev ENABLE_SCROLLBACK now considered harmful (by me)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:16:17 -0800

It used to be that ENABLE'ing_SCROLLBACK in lynx.cfg did exactly
nothing, but when I tried it on a whim with dev10, any page of
more than one screen (45 lines, for me) that was not from cache
(either lynx's or a proxy server running squid) only displayed
the title line, the text of the first link on the screen, and the
status line.  Refreshing the screen or paging down cleared the
problem for that page.

I don't suppose this even rises to the level of a nit, since
scrollback doesn't work for me in the first place, but it might
be worth a line in lynx.cfg - "Warning: enabling may cause
display problems".  It had me bewildered for a while, anyway.

I'm using the same terminal emulator (TeraTerm) and curses lib
(Slang) as I have been forever, so I guess it's some sort of
three-way conflict between the terminal, SCROLLBACK, and (maybe?)
partial-display.

Just FWIW.

--
Michael Warner