lynx-dev Lynx 2.8rel.2 with Hotmail and Dejanews

From: Opt-In Exclusively
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8rel.2 with Hotmail and Dejanews
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 02:05:42 -0800 (PST)

  I have read several other messages concerning 2.8 and Hotmail.
Here are the symptoms I have observed with 2.8rel.2:
  Hotmail:
I can log in, list messages, read them, and delete. But attempting to
forward or reply to a message sends me back to the log-in screen. It
doesn't prompt me to hit 'G' for redirection, just does it. This didn't
happen with 2.7
  Dejanews:
There is a weird bug or interaction here. Under 2.7, when you replied to
a message longer than about 15 lines, the lines past line 15 would show
up with '>' at the beginning of the line instead of the '>' used to
indicate quoted text from the previous article. With 2.8rel.2 this no
longer happens, but there is a different problem: hitting 'preview',
followed by 'edit' no longer gets rid of blank lines like 2.7 did.
So using CTRL-X to delete unnecessary quotation now leaves empty lines
instead, which is inconvenient when you are trying to reply to only
the latter part of an article.