lynx-dev [off topic] Stacking machines together

From: C.J.LAWSON
Subject: lynx-dev [off topic] Stacking machines together
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 16:12:05 +0000 (GMT)

Hello everyone,
        Please excuse the intrusion... I have a load of old machines (or
rather bits and pieces of them) and would like to stack them into a
network (an then one parallel machine) ... The problem is space ... can
anyone advise me as to a way of stripping out the innards of each machine
and mounting them on some frame (does one exist?) and sticking the whole
thing under my table. This of course leads to the second issue ... the
power supplies ...there will be so many of them lying around ... is it
possible to tap from one PSU for multiple boards? ...then there is the
issue of the inter-board space (each one with its own set of cards ..)

        I would welcome any and all (non-incendiary) suggestions concerning
this and please copy me (pref. to the reply-to-address given) when you are
responding to this mail.

        Thanks

---
Jonathan Lawson
Thermal Processes Unit
Department of Applied Energy and Optical Diagnostics
School of Mechanical Engineering,
Cranfield  University,
Cranfield, Bedford. UK.
email address@hidden

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good
tidings,
        that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good,
                that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion,
                        Thy God reigneth!

                                                                        Isaiah
52:7