Re: lynx-dev going back to the frame-page owning the current frame?

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev going back to the frame-page owning the current frame?
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 14:23:39 +0300 (MSK)

28-Dec-98 19:48 address@hidden wrote:
>>On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 address@hidden wrote:
>>> Is there some simple way (as in one-key) to go back up to the page that
>>> shows all of the frames that contain the one that I zoomed into?

> I just think of frames differently than other pages, though I guess it's
> all the same.  If you think about what other browsers do, with Lynx you
> "zoom" into one of the frames, then often go back to the list of frames so
> you can zoom into another one of the frames.  It seems less like generally
> going from one link to another link to another link like often happens
> in web browsing, but I go up and down the various frames... so am thinking
> of it sort of like zooming in with binoculars on a certain frame.

> yeah I guess it's weird.

It is rather annoying to read frames with lynx, we should do too much
challenging attempts to chose proper document with blind navigation
(another level of inconvinience we got when we fetch every page
while GUI browsers load all pages referenced by frame into its local cache).

A proper implementation may be to have a "frame index header" generated by
lynx before the actual page referenced from frame, something similar we have
with bookmarks file in multi-bookmarks mode (though that header is not
clickable but it is generated by lynx). Many sites these days generate
index-like header for every its page, and how about lynx?

Anyway, we may add "FRAME:" prefix for (frame index) titles
to make it easy to pick up the page from history/VisitedLinks.
No problem to implement this.