Re: lynx-dev Accepting invalid cookies - was: cookie bug (not in lynx)

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Accepting invalid cookies - was: cookie bug (not in lynx)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 01:43:21 -0500 (EST)

> I think it was overtaken by the school of thought that says that Lynx
> should behave as brokenly as GUI browsers so that users don't have
> to keep accepting warnings on broken sites.  Someone argued that
> "accept all cookies" really meant, "I never want to be warned about
> any use of cookies".

I was involved in one of those discussions - I don't recall who made
the specific argument mentioned.  I think the thrust of my argument was
"I would like to be able to configure lynx so as to never be prompted
regarding cookies, and for all cookies to be accepted".

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>