Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest vers

From: Jean-Pierre Radley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 13:53:11 -0500

Kim DeVaughn averred (on Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 09:55:11AM -0800):
| On Fri, Jan 01, 1999, address@hidden (address@hidden) said:
| |
| | > Hmmm ... firstly, something seems to be rather busted with your mail s/w,
| | > Tom.  Your Date: header is suddenly coming across the wire (in two consec-
| | > utive messages) as:
| |
| | I'm mailing from elm (the sysadmins on my ISP don't know much about
| | configuring programs for users; there "is" a copy of mutt, but whoever
| | "configured" it set it up for his home directory).
|
| The problem is/was with whatever s/w elm hands your message off to (likely,
| sendmail), which actually generates the Date: header.

NOT.    The MTA generates the Date: Header.  I've now done this on one
machine running sendmail, and one running smail.  In both cases, the
latest release of mutt goofs, while the latest release of elm and the
current /bin/mail do not.   It's the MTA, not the MUA.

| Seems that mutt just happens to bring the problem to light, since its
| processing of the TZ data is intolerant of the bogus format/data, whereas
| other mailers (elm, for one) ignore/overlook/fixup the bad TZ string.

NOT.  Mutt *IS* the problem.

I don't have a bogus TZ: it's EST5EDT.

--
Happy New Year!