Re: lynx-dev mime types?

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mime types?
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 17:45:22 -0800

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> Where do mime types go?  The manpage (which is for 2.8.1) only has two
> references to 'mime' as far as I can tell.
>
> I tried ".mime.types", and it didn't seem to affect Lynx.  I just wanted to
> add

Check your lynx.cfg and make sure the file name and location
given there match up with your actual file.

> application/x-Shrinkit shk SHK sdk SDK Sdk Shk
> application/x-BinaryII bny BNY bsq BSQ bxy BXY Bsq Bny Bxy bsc BSC Bsc BQY
> bqy B
> qy

I believe the extensions are case-insensitive, so

application/x-Shrinkit shk sdk
application/x-BinaryII bny bsq bxy bsc bqy

should be sufficient.

> so I could download Apple II files properly.

If you want to do something to them automatically, other than
/ before saving them to a file, you'll also need to put the
appropriate commands in your mailcap file.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>