Re: lynx-dev question about embedded javascript

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev question about embedded javascript
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 12:22:33 -0500 (EST)

> In a recent note, address@hidden said:
>
> > Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 10:08:14 -0500 (EST)
> >
> > Since Lynx doesn't interpret embedded JavaScript, shouldn't it render it
> > like <pre> ... </pre> ?
> >
> Isn't embedded JavaScript wrapped with comment delimiters, "<!--" and "-->"?

no - the examples I know of are delimited with <server> and <script>

(looks rather ugly when Lynx shows it on the screen, since JavaScript
is line-oriented, and all of that is lost in rendering).

> (And doesn't this cause problems when there's a decrement operator
> in the Java?  It could be as bad as:
>
>    for ( I=1000; I-->100; ) ...

well, the syntax is C (but anyone who produces stuff like that in a production
program is probably not suited for this field of employment).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden