Re: lynx-dev undefined __inet_addr making newest dev release

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev undefined __inet_addr making newest dev release
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 08:09:33 -0500 (EST)

> Interesting - it looks like from your grep that you have to do a dynamic
> link against libnsl to get the function declared.  Perhaps there's a problem
> with the libraries on your system?  Anyways, make sure that the -lnsl is
> after the -lsocket and see if the error goes away.

that order "works" for me on Solaris 2.6 (but one or the other of our
systems may be misconfigured ;-)

but he has -lnsl in the link command already, and there's no -static,
so perhaps he has something else wrong - such as setting $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
without including /usr/lib (that _might_ break things), or a bogus -lnsl
in the library search order (also specified with -lnsl).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden