Re: lynx-dev cookies

From: Heather Stern
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cookies
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 22:17:32 -0800 (PST)

I ate the fortune cookie first, then read what Philip Webb wrote:
> > I went to  http://www.atptour.com/redir/viplounge/newsletter
> > It asked me about a cookie, so I answered Always, and choose "content",
> > but it sent me the message:
> >
> >  No cookie.  ...[snip]...
> > Lynx Version 2.8rel.2 and uname -a says OSF1 goedel3 V4.0 878 alpha.
>
> i had the same problem with 2-8-1rel.2 (perhaps you meant that too).
> the 2nd trouble-shooting screen lists supported software,
> which is confined to Windows, IE & NN.

Since with a brief cheat someone got them giving real cookies, sounds like
one of the visitors should clue their webmaster in about expanding their
sense of "modern" browsers.  We do cookies -and- frames, and half the people
I know who live in graphics mode leave JS turned off habitually, so we're
just as good as the Big Two there.

  |                    Ricoh Silicon Valley ADC     (wk) address@hidden
->+<-  Heather Stern   Starshine Technical Services (hm) address@hidden

  Wad some power the giftie gie us / To see oursels as others see us.
                -- R. Browning