lynx-dev chartrans: ALT= tag without quotes "..." problem

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev chartrans: ALT= tag without quotes "..." problem
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:55:13 +0300 (MSK)

I found out a problem with anchore attribute happen without quotes,
namely with ALT= (but also possible with NAME= or HREF=).
This report mostly for Klaus since old chartrans staff is affected.

Bug report: I have a page in windows-1251 codepage,
and the alt= string consist of one word without quotes,
litteraly in HEX:    xCC, xE0, xF0, xE8, xED, xEA, xE0.
What I see is:       x49, xE0, xF0, xF8, xED, xEA, xE0.

By some misterious reason first letter was converted to capital "I",
probably the first letter was not restored from checking for existance
of opening quote on some earlier parsing stage.
Could be probably easily fixed but I do not know _where_.

        Leonid.