lynx-dev Pasting text into the latest Windows 32 lynx

From: vtailor
Subject: lynx-dev Pasting text into the latest Windows 32 lynx
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:23:38 -0600 (CST)

I know it is possible to paste text properly into lynx compiled using
mingw32/gcc and the native crtdll.dll of Windows 95/98.  The question
is why can't the same thing be done to the distribution version?

Is it the problem of the ncurses library, for instance?  The latest
slang for Windows library has an extremely good Windows-specific
code for getting text and mouse clicks.  It is one of those pieces
of code that you need to talk to Microsoft mavens in Seattle to get,
and I suspect it is missing from the ncurses library.  Since it also
can be compiled under the distribution's Borland C compiler (after you truncate
the file names), I am surprised that ncurses is still being used.