lynx-dev setting Lynx up to run off a network instead of a modem

From: Mark Fowler
Subject: lynx-dev setting Lynx up to run off a network instead of a modem
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:17:07 -0500

Hi there,
My name is Mark Fowler and I work for the New York State Office for
Technology.  I have been using your Lynx browser for a while now as a
reviewer of accessibility features in the states web pages.  I was wondering
if there is a way to set Lynx up to run off the network that we have here
instead of looking for a modem.  We have a proxy server behind a firewall
but I would think it would work just as well as our graphical browsers.  If
you can let me know as soon as possible if and/or how you can change the
settings it would be greatly appreciated.
-Mark Fowler