lynx-dev suggestion, lynx download

From: Klaus Peter Wegge
Subject: lynx-dev suggestion, lynx download
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:23:22 +0100 (MET)

Since about 3 weeks I have trouble to download the lynx-dev mail
archives. e.g.: http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/mailbox/log98-12
or the current development sources.
The connection is closed very soon but the download is
incomplete. This is obviously a networ problem.
But in this case the behavior of lynx is not very friendly because
it doesn't inform the user about the fact, the download is
incomplete. When the connection is closed, the download menue
appears immediately, and there is no hint for an incomplete file.
The user will detect the problem only, if he has the size of the
file in mind (shown during the download) and it differs from the
size of the saved file, or unpacking of the file is not posisble.
I think, there should be an error message on top of the download menue
which doesn't disappear during a few seconds (long downloads
are done during coffee breaks ;-() ).

What's about this idea?

Happy new year around the list

Klaus-Peter