Re: lynx-dev local directory listing - TOO SLOW

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev local directory listing - TOO SLOW
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 13:53:58 +0900 (JST)

> > is the absence of partial mode for directory listing,

"partial mode" is opiate; just puts the dust under the rug.

Directory listing has ALWAYS been slow.  I begged for more speed
more than two years ago.  I have LOOOONG forgotten what reason I
was given for the slowness, but the two possibilities mentioned
below don't ring a bell.

> And another reason may be the calls to HTCheckForInterrupt in
> HTLoadFile - added from my patch (I haven't checked whether

Directory listing should be so instantaneous for <100 listings
that there should be no need to call HTCheckForInterrupt.

> Another reason for slowness may just be that the LYListFmtParse

If LYListFmtParse is slow, we need to find out what's slowing it
down, and correct it.

__Henry